Rocky's Spot For Eternal Wisdom

If you want the kind of wisdom that will change your life in all the important areas....well my friend you have come to the right place. Not only will my brilliant ideas make your life better, but it may even bring a kinda happiness you never thought possible! I do not desire fame or fortune...I have a gift and I want to enhance the world through my gift.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Reason for my absence

Well here we go again, me finally posting despite efforts to keep up on this whole blogging thing. Several things have occured since I've last blogged so I don't really know where to begin. I don't think it is any real secret to why my blogging has slipped...besides work I have been spending lots of free time with my lovely girl (pictured drinking root beer). I am getting very excited because on Saturday after work Erin and I are going to drive to Vancouver Washington to visit some of my family. I don't want to sound negative towards Montana, but I miss home so much and just can't wait to see it. It is a struggle for me because when I left home to come to Montana I was such a different man than the one I am now......I have so many broken relationships and I desire so much to spend some time at home to work on fixing them. However, God is blessing me so much here in Missoula and I know I just need to be patient and seek God in all things. It should be a fun trip though, I just hope Erin doesn't go crazy having to spend so much time with me! I will try (but likely fail) to update my blog during this sure to be exciting trip!


6 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Cool, Rocky! Have a great trip and thanks for the update!

    Great picture by the way, although I'm sure she doesn't think so. Girls are weird that way. It seems like they hate almost any photo of themselves. Anyone know why?

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger erin said…

    You really gotta warn me when you're using that thing, Rock. On second thought, don't. Posed pictures are even worse.

    Lance, I don't hate it...and I'll let you in on a little secret. If a girl thinks she looks fat in a picture, she'll hate it. Even if she doesn't think so, she'll still act like she hates it, because a) she feels it would be inappropriate to say "Dang!" and proceed to check herself out, or b) she's trying to get the other viewers to pay her a compliment on the sly...ie Girl: "I hate that picture! I look like a weasel" Guy: "I like weasels".

    Now, of course I know that there are exceptions to these rules. For instance, some girls genuinely believe that they are ugly and no picture, however kind, will ever convince them otherwise. Other girls genuinely believe that they are the most gorgeous things on the planet and no picture, however kind, could possibly do them justice. Cameras and girls like these will just never be friends. Cameras and ordinary girls can be closet friends, as long as the girl has the upper hand. Get it? Good...because every girl on the planet is hating me right now for divulging the secrets of girlhood.

    This makes me want to start a "Dear Ed" blog to field life's great questions. What do you think?

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger erin said…

    P.S. Rocky...I don't foresee myself going crazy from "having" to spend so much time with you. Just keep singing. I'll enjoy every minute.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Thank you very much for the D.L., ed. I won't let the others know where I heard it. I'll just let them wonder in awe if ever I mention the truth behind their behavior.

    And yeah, while your in the west of the Northwest, could you interview that Katie girl and post what she's up to nowadays. Is she still living in Portland? Is she still hanging around with that Chris guy?

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    Rocky, I made you a present. Next time I'm over, I'll put it into your template for you. I actually found the logo on Amazon, on a book cover, but I cropped it, resized it, and changed the color to match your blog.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Travis the Great said…

    Rocky....I didn't even read what you had to say in your last entry, I just wanted to tell you that blogs are dumb...you're dumb for blogging...I love you..so does Abby...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home