Rocky's Spot For Eternal Wisdom

If you want the kind of wisdom that will change your life in all the important areas....well my friend you have come to the right place. Not only will my brilliant ideas make your life better, but it may even bring a kinda happiness you never thought possible! I do not desire fame or fortune...I have a gift and I want to enhance the world through my gift.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Don't Pitty This Fool

Well I have to admit my blogging frequency is getting pathetic. The sad thing is my life has actually been full of exciting moments....I think I am just suffering from blogging fatigue. What a wonderful last few days it has been for me. I thought that I was going to have a miserable weekend because Peter (my non-blogging best friend) and Scottie B were both our of town and I would be in the guy's house. In addition, Jess and Rael left town for Spokane. It was however, a wonderful time of new friendships and just realizing how amazing God is.

Some of the many highlights from the weekend include baking (putting some kisses on peanut butter cookies),

watching some old school Wonka (Jamie singing along and freezing becuase I was too stuborn to bring a blanket), trying a chocolate marshmellow shake (not as bad as one might think), and hanging out in Polson with my dad (two good meals and lots of catching up).

I also learned that I am not as bad of a barber as I beleived, as I gave Scott a haircut last night. So whenever you see him next make sure to feel dazzled by my work. Although I can't lie, I did kinda mess up on the back...but Scott still looks mighty fine.



Also, something I've been meaning to do for a while now, my response to a challenge ... This is my version of Mr. T , not quite as good as Erin, but I think I am getting better!

Also I have been really enjoying a book called Dasappointment with God by Philip Yancey. Yancey looks at the questions is God unfair, is God silent, and is God hidden... It has been such a great reminder of God's desire just to have relationship with him and that His way of achieving this is through love and not force. One quote I liked was by Herman Melville, "The reason the mass of men fear God, and at the bottom dislike Him, is because they rather distrust his heart, and fancy Him all brain like a watch."

6 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger erin said…

    Glad to see a new post, Rocket! But...is that my hand? Ssssick! Oh, and Mr. T? Definitely challenge-worthy. I have a new challenge for us, but I can't give it away by posting it here! We're gonna make people guess who it is!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Rael said…

    "too stubborn to bring a blanket"... welcome to Missoula. freezing weather without a moments notice. I think that’s the first time I really needed a blanket at SNC. We’ll all no better next time... parkas and boots Peewee’s Great Adventure here we come

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said…

    sweet HTML action!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger erin said…

    You're right, Rocky and Lance. That is indeed a sweet link to T.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger lafalda said…

    wait, i was all ready to make fun of rocky's hand, that's ed's???!!! i thought you were wearing a pink glove at first. by the way, is this blog post your psa?

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger erin said…

    :(

    LaFalda: Sadly, I don't think I could raise any funds for charity with that nasty hand.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home